Couples Counseling & Workshops
Enhancing Couples' Creativity - Click here to read article
Five Important Practices for Sacred Sexuality - Click here to read article
Most couples who come to see me for counseling have identified some painful repetitive patterns in their relationship, patterns that cause predictable stress and conflict. Many times they have put considerable thought and effort into changing them, but the conflicts continue.
The good news is that couples can break these bad habits. They can change their communication strategies and behaviors.
Couples who work with me, and devote time and attention to their relationship, usually find the following benefits:
- Better communication, leading to deeper connection
- An awakened intimacy
- Better skills at resolving day-to-day conflicts
- More love, acceptance, and forgiveness
- An increase in joy, generosity, and vitality
In my work with couples for over 20 years, I have developed two key tools to aid couples on this path of greater freedom and intimacy:
- Creating Intentions Together. Couples need to articulate and agree on a healing vision. I do this in sessions by asking them what their intentions are, and how they will implement them.
- Communication Practice and Skill Building. Most of us never learned how to communicate in an authentic, vulnerable
way, and I have developed a clear methodology for teaching better communication,
by helping couples learn the following key skills:
Debra, my wife of 30 years and a Spirit Rock Medication Center teacher,
and I present courses which teach people how relationship can become a path
of awakening and healing.
(Our web site for this work -- www.couragetolove.com)
"The Power of Intention: How It Can Benefit Couples" by George Taylor
"How Couples Counseling Can Help Your Relationship" by George Taylor